I will try my hardest to keep election season partisanship out of this blog (uh, oh…I sense a ‘but’. eds.) but, this is related to topics generally covered here and so I think it’s fair game. Plus it’s totally bogus.
A group of former military and intelligence operatives launched an aggressive campaign against President Obama Wednesday, accusing the president of claiming undue credit for the Usama bin Laden raid and suggesting his administration is behind politically motivated security leaks.
“Mr. President, you did not kill Usama bin Laden. America did,” Navy SEAL Ben Smith said in the video. “The work that the American military has done killed Usama bin Laden. You did not.”
- The ‘American military and intelligence community’ didn’t do a very good job at stopping bin Laden over the past 15 years. What, were we trying to lull him into a true sense of security?
- They also let bin Laden (and others) slip through their fingers at Tora Bora.
- The intelligence community also failed to see that WMDs in Iraq were not, in fact, a ‘slam dunk’.
- They were not able to achieve success in Iraq or Afghanistan
I don’t care what the president says, we’re going to get that SOB. C’mon, boys! Fire up the choppers. Our careers will be over but this is for America!
“Mr. President, you did not fail to kill Usama bin Laden. America did,” Navy SEAL Ben Smith said in the video. “The work that the American military has done come up short and we failed to kill Usama bin Laden. You did not.”
Hey, man. You don’t like leaks of classified material for political purposes, get in line. There’s probably a good argument to make there and your efforts might actually be constructive. If, however, you want to explain why this leak is more of a threat to civilization than that leak you’ve got some work cut out for yourself. Leaks of classified information are, as someone described it recently, the ‘currency of Washington’ and have been for decades by everyone (politicians, civil servants, the military and lobbyists).
But it’s not about that. You don’t give a crap about leaks. You just don’t like this crypto-Socialist/Jihadi/Muslim/Black separatist/terrorist/illegal alien guy sitting in the White House.
And for that, you can take your campaign and shove it up whatever orifice of yours you chose.
- Sorry, I just had to get that out of my system. Serious discussion to follow. ↩